Hehehe…ever felt like that? Don’t you ever walk down the street…and look at all the pedagang kaki lima…and think to yourself…man…how do they cook like that…its friggin awesome!!! lol…they’ve got awesome “techniques” and can whip up sumthing so quickly..it’s just…fascinating😀
So, my recipe for the week issss…..MARTABAK TELUR!!
Aduh..aku kasih tau dulu ya…the preface of the story…because it was an ADVENTURE!!! So jena and v decided to go for a walk…and ya know..get rid of their xtra storage lol. When we went home..jade just finished her kumon hw…and she got an A and it was all very neat! We were very proud of her..so we decided to treat her ice cream! Where better to go? Pepito EXPRESS! Yes, theres a pepito near my home now…next to GWK…so…i’m ecstatic…because…we LOVE PEPITO! ;p So…off we went the three lil pigs…to journey to pepito express…while shopping for goods to make this week’s recipe choice.
All the goods were there…we paused at the seats..so vic and jade could finish their ice cream first ;p AND THAT’S…when we saw the EVIL CLOUDS…boy were they evil…and they were covering up the sky…as quick as…a waterfall? LOL…whatever…you get the point! And it looked scary…so we started walking back…and as you can guess..drip…drip…and we weren’t even up to the front of my perumahan yet…so we started running a lil…kinda hard to run in sketchers shape ups!!….and then it poured…and boy did it poured…we thought quick…and rushed to the nearest big tree @ sumbodys backyard lol. What kind of a tree? A BAMBOO TREE! lol..not a very good pick. there we were soaked wet..we never saw the it coming! dialling mums number…wishing she’d pick up the phone already….drip drip drip…we were there for 10 minutes…dripping…until mum came 2 the rescue. Sigh…all that for today’s cooking. You see that readers…this is dedication…this is…the truth…ciahh
Anyways…lets get on with the coookiinggg…cuz we hungryyy
1 pak (isi 50) kulit lumpia ukuran besar (20 x20)
300 gr daging sapi cincang
1 buah bawang bombai ukuran sedang, cincang
2 siung bawang putih, cincang halus
10 batang daun bawang, iris halus
6 butir telur ayam
1 sdt bumbu kari (menurutku ya…bumbu karinya kurang terasa…i think we can add a lil bit more than the 1 sdt)
1 sdt garam (definitely more salt according to your taste buds..if you want salty..pls add more..i felt that i should have!)
1/2 sdt merica bubuk (i think this is the right amount of pepper, but adjust with the amount of salt if you wish to add more)
Minyak sayur secukupnya
1. Panaskan 2 sdm minyak sayur.
2. Tumis bawang putih sampai harum <– i love this part..it smells so goood…
3. Masukkan daging sapi cincang. Aduk rata.
4. Setelah daging berubah warna, masukkan bumbu kari.
5. Masak hingga daging matang. Sisihkan.
6. Campur tumisan daging dengan telur, irisan daun bawang, bawang bombai, merica dan garam. Aduk rata. (using fork is good ;p)
7. Taruh 1 sdm adonan isi di atas selembar kulit lumpia. (it’s much easier if you have a tablespoon measurement, cuz then it shapes it just right atas kulit lumpianya). Although, i must say this step was tricky. Because there was sooo much eggs in the mix…it was really wet…and when putting a spoonful on top of the kulit lumpia..you don’t want it too wet…or else it’ll be really messy and won’t fold properly. I felt that it’s important…to get just the right amount of meat & egg. Not too wet or else you’ll have a hard time folding it and it will stick with the others!
8. Lipat seperti melipat amplop. Definitely use water on the edges of the kulit lumpia to help you keep the lumpia closed when it’s fried. My tip, when you are finished folding one, press down on it a little (gently), so that the meat evens out a bit..and makes a perfect square shape with the lumpia🙂
9. Goreng sambil dibolak-balik hingga matan dan kedua sisinya berwarna kecokelatan.
10. Angkat, tiriskan. Hidangkan bersama acar mentimun dan cabai rawit.
I think…the martabak telur was absolutely adorable..i’m so proud with how they turned out…i just wished the flavour was much stronger…but i guess it is after all just a gorengan…and it’s best accompanied with some sauce perhaps?😉
Stay with me readers…who knows what will happen to me on my next food journey!!!
P.S. Made with lotsa love & hershey kisses…hehe special thanks for my v…for helping out in the kitchen🙂